Wednesday 28 January 2015

The Chase Your Dreams Swap

Some of you may know I'm a bit of a swap obsessive - and while we're on that track, sign up for the Ninja Book Swap opens in a few days, email ninjabookswap@gmail.com to get a reminder once it does! Anyway, when I saw that the lovely Mia was organising a swap especially to help one another to pursue our goals in 2015 I had to join in!

I sent my parcel to Claire, and today I received mine from her and it was incredible. Claire, thank you so much! There's a little note in the post on its way to you because you really made my day :-)


The hand you can see at the top of the picture was Benji desperately trying to start opening things despite having been told they weren't for him! How beautiful is this parcel? I loved the way everything was so prettily (and individually!) wrapped! 


You really can't see all the lovelies in the box properly, again because Benji could barely be restrained from helpfully rearranging everything so I'm sorry it's a bit of a mishmash! Claire included loads of things to help me in my #yearofmaking goals towards learning to crochet and getting better at patchwork, as well as a couple of bookish bits. Here's what was in the package:

From top left to right:

* Two beautiful pieces of material one of which is vintage Liberty. Exciting!

* A crochet hook which is slightly toothbrush shaped but looks like it will be super comfortable

* To feed the addiction to craft magazines she didn't even know I have (because I'm still in denial myself), Pretty Patches magazine

Bottom left - right:

* A boxed and absolutely gorgeous 'Once Upon a Time' bookmark. I love it! 

* Some beautiful postcards which would make great bookmarks

* A really cute little pin cushion which is brilliant as the only one I currently have is absolutely giant and not very portable. 

It's honestly as if she knew me, and every gift was tied with pretty ribbon and a lovely little label about what things were. To be fair, I did this with her gifts as well, but much less prettily! 

Mia, please run this swap again next year!

4 comments:

  1. Yay, Bex, so glad that you enjoyed the swap and that you loved your items from Claire! :)

    I am definitely going to do the swap again next year. It was a really great experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely box of goodies! Cheers to chasing dreams :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yey, so glad you liked them. Sorry I haven't blogged about my lovely parcel but I've been a bit ill, I will soon I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete