Thursday 27 November 2014

The Pickwick Papers Week 2: Chapter 12 - 23


I'm just going to come out and say that I've not actually read all of this weeks chapters. In fact I've only read four, which sucks. In my defence I've had a ridiculously busy week - I'm trying to finish off a cardigan, make a load of Christmas presents, sort out house stuff and have driving lessons plus I have my driving theory test next Thursday so I'm stressed with studying for that. Excuses over, I suck, but I'll do my best to catch up for next week!

I've found this weeks chapters a lot harder to get into than last week - chapter twelve took me about three days to read, but once I was past that I started to get back into it. It literally is that there's just so much going on at the moment that I've had no time to stretch out and really get into reading, and reading Dickens takes me a bit of concentration! That said, Jen called it correctly when she said she thought Mr Jingle (Mr Twinkle, Hanna) would be back and I'm intrigued to find out what happens to people who incur the wrath of Mr. Pickwick! I still like the characters and I'm still enjoying the descriptions of countryside (I like countryside, ok guys? I voluntarily moved away from London to live in it, it can hardly come as a surprise) so I'm hoping this section is going to pick up momentum!

Glad to see some of you are enthusiastically enjoying yourselves, it makes me feel a little bit less bad about the ones who enthusiastically aren't! *cough*CharlotteandHanna*cough* :-D

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I AM enjoying myself! About the same level as you probably - I like it and I'm pleasantly surprised... there are just other things I could be reading... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo I was right about something! :D
    I find that reading Dickens takes a lot of concentration as well, not sure I'd manage if I more distractions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week was much difficult because I am battling Thanksgiving food coma!! I'm glad that we're all trucking along :)

    ReplyDelete