Sunday 1 July 2012

RAK June Wrap Up & July Sign Up

So, RAK is amazing and I was really excited to get back into the swing of things this month. Here's what I sent out:


Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson to Claire. I loved this book, and I don't really read YA, so I hope that she loves it too!














The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern to Book Flame. As some people will know I am on a bit of a personal crusade to get everyone to read this book, so I pretty much go through the RAK list and just look for people who have it in their top 5! IT IS THE MOST AMAZING BOOK :-)










Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander to Looney Books. I have to admit I haven't yet read this or Quidditch Through the Ages but we have both of them and I will get to it, so I hope that this one is enjoyed!
















And here's what I received: 


From the wonderful Ellie
Flappers and Philosophers: The Collected Short Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I have some serious Fitzgerald love going on at the moment, and with the sunnier evenings it just seems like the right time to go on a binge and finish the collection. So far I've only read The Great Gatsby and Tender is the Night, so I was incredibly happy with this and also with....


The Beautiful and Damned  :-) 







Just for the record, Ellie is lovely and her blog is wonderful so you should all go and have a read if you haven't already!!

From the lovely Claire:

Paper Towns by John Green. One of the first YA novels I ever read was An Abundance of Katherines and I loved it, as I seem to love many YA authors despite constantly telling people I don't read YA... Anyway, very excited to read this!! Thanks Claire! :-) 

It was also my birthday this month, and I got a surprise birthday parcel from the ever - awesome Hanna. She sent me:  
 Fables Volume 6: Homelands by Bill Willingham. I love this series and I can't wait to read it!
 We Bought a Zoo by Benjamin Mee. I put this
on my wishlist after reading Hanna's review and 
I really want to see the film too so I'm hoping the 
book will be great!

She also got me a copy of The Prestige by Christopher Priest, which I can't find a decent picture of but which I'm super excited about because I adore the film and I didn't even know there was a book, again, until I read her review! 

This month in particular I have realised how lucky I am to be part of the wonderful book blogging community and how many wonderful people I have to good fortune to know because of it! Thank you all for being lovely!

The only problem I have with RAK is that the more I send, the more I want to send and I can almost never afford to send books to all the people I wish I could :-( That said, it is such an amazing feeling to know that somebody you've never met, and often have had no previous contact with is willing to spend their hard earned money on books for you. Getting an RAK always makes my day, and if they make other people half as happy as they do me then I shall continue to send out the maximum my wallet can afford on a monthly basis! 


Needless to say, I will be participating again in July, and if you're interested, my wishlist is here, or here if you want one with pretty pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Wow those two Fitzgerald books look amazing. I hope you enjoy reading them! The Great Gatsby is one of my favourite novels (and the only one I read twice).

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete