Saturday 9 July 2011

My Very First Readathon!

I'm so excited! From Monday to Wednesday (11th - 13th) of this coming week, I'm going to be participating in my first ever readathon. For the last 7 months I've been blogging, I've seen people getting all hyped up about readathons, and been extremely jealous, but never actually joined in with one, so I decided it was time to change that!


Lori at Pure Imagination is hosting the Once Upon a Time Read-a-Thon, and despite the fact that I'm working all day Monday and Tuesday, I'm still hoping to read as much as I possibly can! It's been a while since I've been able to read uninterrupted, and as my fiance cleaned the house thoroughly today, I'm hoping to get by with as little housework as possible. If the weather's sunny, I'll be taking my stack of books to the beach on Wednesday :-)

I've set out a preliminary list, but having never done one of these before, I've no idea how much I can realistically read in the time. I've probably wildly over-estimated! Anyway, here's what I have:

  • Finish off A Clash of Kings by George R. R Martin
  • Finish In the Kitchen by Monica Ali
  • How to be a Famous Novelist by Steve Hely
  • Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
  • How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
Looking at it, I feel there's not much chance I'll get through those, but hopefully I'll make some progress with some of them. My couple of backups, in case none of these appeal when we get to Monday, are Happily Ever After (edited by John Klima, introduction by Bill Willingham), as it's short stories and I'm SUPER excited about it, and How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran, which Hanna sent me as a surprise today. (Yet another reason why she is amazing!)

If you haven't signed up to join in the fun yet, you can do so HERE

Let the games begin! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, just wanted to let you know I've added your entry to the literary blog directory: http://tinylibrary.blogspot.com/p/literary-blog-directory.html
    Hope you find some great blogs through it and also get some new readers. There's a button on my blog for you to use.

    Good luck with the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your readathon!

    I discovered your blog via Sam at tinylibary.

    Hope you get a lot from blogging I certainly do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How far are you along in A Clash of Kings? Are you enjoying it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm about a third through, and it's fairly epic so far :-) I enjoyed the first one, and so far the second is holding up very well!

    ReplyDelete